Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, October 12, 2015

Easiest EVER Broccoli Soup - THM FP, S or E

Hello everybody! So... as you know I am on a mission (involuntarily) to share very INEXPENSIVE recipes that are on plan (Trim Healthy Mama). I can never say it enough: YOU can be a Trim healthy Mama even with a Trim Unhealthy Wallet! And here's one of my favorite new additions in my menus... Broccoli soup! I know, I know... it doesn't seem like the "newest" or most creative of things... But soups (in my opinion) should never be overlooked or underestimated... They can be packed with nutrition, it's a great way to say "I love you" to your family and now that the cooler temperatures are close (I live in Texas so let this girl dream) I feel like soups are the perfect thing to incorporate to your meal, they can be very filling and satisfying!

This Soup can marvelously be made with 1 ingredient only! YES! You heard that right! My sister told me how she heard of this and tried it in total disbelief and how much she loved it even when she didn't even expect to do so! So... I had to taste it to believe it... and am I glad I did! I can make it in the blink of an eye! I am still shocked at how easy and yummy this is.

So... What do you need? BROCCOLI!

This soup can be adapted to eat in any of the Trim Healthy Mama settings! so... I love it for that!



Let's see how it works:

For an FP or E Setting:

Yield:
2 servings (but feel free to eat the whole thing away)

Ingredients:
  • Broccoli Florets (about 8 florets or 1 medium sized broccoli crown)

Directions:

Cook the broccoli florets in 3 cups of water until the broccoli is fork tender but preferably make sure it still keeps some of its vibrant green color. Transfer the cooked broccoli to a blender, season with salt, pepper and even some garlic powder if desired, add about 1 cup of water where you cooked the broccoli (that's where all the flavor is) and blend away! add more of the liquid if needed to reach desired consistency/thickness. You can garnish this with a dollop of 0% greek yogurt... You could also use Fat Free vegetable/chicken broth to cook the broccoli and add more flavor but you'll be surprised even with just water! It's yummy!

When serving in an "FP" Setting make sure you eat this as a side, Enjoy it freely to fill you up when eating some extra lean protein such as Chicken Breast, wild caught salmon, extra lean deli meat, etc.)

If you are eating in an "E" Setting Make sure you add a good source of carbs, you could have a deli wrap using "on plan" Sprouted Wraps (like Ezekiel) and extra lean deli meats, you could also eat a yummy sandwich using extra lean meats, laughing cow cheese and lots of fresh veggies. Get creative!

For an S Setting:

Ingredients:
  • Broccoli florets
  • 1 tbsp. of grass-fed butter (I love salted Kerrygold)
  • Shredded Cheddar cheese (garnish)
  • Dollop of sour cream (garnish)

Directions:

Follow the directions given above and just add the butter when blending... season to your taste and top with the shredded cheese and sour cream. Enjoy with the protein of your choice, you can have any kind of meat you like (fatty or lean).

This soup was so successful that my 7 and 4 year old princesses are asking me to make it even for breakfast... and that is a huge thing to say for my 4 year old because while she does enjoy some green veggies, she is more of a fruit eating girl... and I am so happy to see her devour this like it's ice cream!




I hope your family will enjoy it just as much!


© Paloma K.

2 comments:

tbuckles said...

Made this for dinner this evening. Very yummy! I will definitely make again.

Paloma said...

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed it.