Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuned-In Tuesdays

 Hello everybody! Welcome to "Tuned-In Tuesdays" as you know I usually post "quotes" or some words of wisdom on Tuesdays! I usually just call it "Tuesday of quotes" I don't even remember how that started... But I've loved it and I actually get great feedback from my readers on the quotes I share! I usually try to choose quotes according to the season, world events, etc... So, thinking about it, I thought I would actually "name" this tradition, and that's how I ended up with "Tuned-In Tuesdays"



This time I am sharing quotes about weather, for obvious reasons! My prayers with the people from the East Coast!

 "Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come". - Robert Schuller

"Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He calms the sailor. And sometimes He makes us swim." - Author Unknown

"There's always another storm. It's the way the world works. Snowstorms, rainstorms, windstorms, sandstorms, and firestorms. Some are fierce and others are small. You have to deal with each one separately, but you need to keep an eye on whats brewing for tomorrow.” - Maria V. Snyder, Fire Study.

 “When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” - Haruki Murakami

"Clouds, leaves, soil and wind all offer themselves as signals of changes in the weather. However, not all the storms of life can be predicted" - David Petersen
 "But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?” - Mathew 8:26-27


Hopefully most of the damages and loss are just material, not human, as far as I know 10 lives have been lost due to Hurricane (now storm) Sandy. My prayers with the grieving families and with all of those going through storms right now, weather storms and personal storms.

Blessings!


© Paloma K.



No comments: