Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, October 19, 2012

Coffee Friday! - You're going to be glued!

Hello everybody! Welcome to our Coffee Friday! I told you we'd have a special blogger today! Are you ready? Well... Our featured blogger is: [[[[drumroll]]] Stacey from Glued To My Crafts she is such an enthusiastic, dynamic, creative person! Crafty stuff is just not my talent... I mean... I'd love it to be ... but it's just not! She just makes it all look so simple! I do feel inspired when I visit her blog, she has yummy recipes, all kinds of crafts and many of them are children friendly! (moms of toddlers, RUN to her blog!) and I've found it to be a pleasure to work with her as we talked about today's feature! It's really a great pleasure for me to introduce her to you on this special Coffee Friday! ... I know she's bringing coffee in some form... let's see what she's prepared:




Hello everyone. I'm Stacey and I blog over at Glued To My Crafts. I'm a mother to a nearly two year old boy and a wife to man in the Air Force. I love cooking, crafting and inspiring. Ok, the last one is more of an "I hope I inspire you." My blog is mainly about life experiences, recipes and craft creations. Everything I post can we be recreated with simple, everyday items you probably already have in your house. I don't spend a lot to be crafty, and neither should you. I really hope you check it out and are "inspired."
Now that we got that out of the way, I want to show you my Coffee Cupcakes. They are topped with homemade whipped cream. Can we say delicious? Now stop drooling and check out the recipe.





Ingredients for Coffee Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons Instant Coffee, dissolved into 2 tablespoons water

Ingredients for Whipped Cream Topping:
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons Confectioners’ Sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with liners. (Makes 12 cupcakes)
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg, coffee, milk and vanilla. Mix well. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture. Once all flour is incorporated, increase the speed to medium and beat until the batter is smooth.
4. Divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners, filling the liners 2/3 of the way. Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes on cooling rack.


Homemade Whipped Cream
1. Place the heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Turn on mixer on low speed and slowly increase to medium-high speed.
3. When the cream reaches soft peaks, add in the confectioners’ sugar. Continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
4. Once cupcakes are cooled, add a dollop of whipped cream on each cupcake. Enjoy!

I love these because they are different and I had all these items already in my pantry. No need to run out and go crazy, finding ingredients. I created these for a group of girls I entertained the other day. We had our cups of coffee in hand & were watching the kids play. I usually make cookies for play dates like these, but I decided to be spontaneous and whip up these sophisticated little cupcakes. And lucky for me, they were a hit and I think the moms will be back! I even got asked to share the recipe, so I knew this was perfect for me to share with you.
Hope you give them a try. Thank you Paloma for letting me join in on hosting this Coffee Friday! Enjoy!

So... what did you think?  Doesn't it sound great?  I hope you stop by Stacey's Blog and thank her for sharing some coffee in the form of a delicious cupcake with us! Glued To My Crafts

Thank you again Stacey! This has been so much fun!




© Paloma K.

No comments: