Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday of Quotes - School!

Ok... I know this post might be kind of late but having my girls still with me and not going to school I didn't get into all the "school posting frenzy" I am homeschooling my preschooler for now so... while I was teaching her yesterday it inspired me to go get some "school & Education Quotes" I hope you like them:



Quotes on School and Education:

" Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."  ~ Albert Einstein
 "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."  ~ Maya Angelou
"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." ~Victor Hugo

"But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret."  ~Ronald Reagan

"A child educated only at school is an uneducated child."  ~George Santayana

"Experience is a good school. But the fees are high."  ~Heinrich Heine

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." ~ Henry B. Adams

" Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them." ~James Baldwin

"Education makes a people easy to lead but difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave." ~Peter Brougham

 “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

 “The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.”  - David O. McKay

Have a great Tuesday!

Thank you for your comments and encouragement on yesterday's post! I really appreciate it!

© Paloma K.

No comments: